Sunday, April 17, 2011

A pastor's Wife?!?

A year and a half ago. God called Blue into the Ministry... Meaning Blue was going to become a pastor in some capacity...
At first I was so nervous. I never said "no, I don't want you to do this" but I was very uncertain of what that might look like for our family. I've never wanted to be a pastor's wife. I thought I was safe by marrying Blue. He wasn't very religious, but he was honest about where he stood with his relationship with God. Which is a much better place to be than with the previous guy I thought I was supposed to marry; Believing that he was a great christian, but all the while treating people with disrespect, not being honorable, not standing up for relationships that were given to him by God... All around shady, but still declaring allegiance to God and the Ministries he was supposed to have... so confusing.

Anyway, when I fell in love with Blue, I was sure that I was going to live a normal life. Not traveling around speaking, or big events, or Aspen, CO...

Normal life stuff. Kids, house, work.

Then God calls Blue to go to Bible School. Oh no! I was safe! Not anymore... I would never tell my husband or God no. But I was praying that God would change my heart.

Over time my heart softened to the idea... well God changed it actually. I bent to his will, and actually got kinda excited...

Here's the point.

My husband delivered his first sermon today! I was so proud! It was like seeing the future. Granted he wants to start a Biker church and ours has more that a few members from a much older generation, but nevertheless!, It was amazing to see him up there, God using him and all...

So officially, it was my first trial run as a pastor's wife!


Shhhh, don't tell anyone....


But I loved it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's really exciting. A Biker church, sounds right up y'alls alley too. I'm excited for what the Lord has in store for y'all. and I really hope you keep blogging about it!

Anonymous said...

Love the way you show your heart. You are a continued inspiration in my life.

James

Unknown said...

Yay! He did a great job. I was super proud of him - and you! You'll make a great pastor's wife after all.
;)

Coleen said...

Good story Aletha. I saw your comment on someone else's blog and had to find you just based on your profile name, "Godssong." I laughed at this story...so like mine and now we've been missionaries for 17 years.
I'm from S-B, blog swap.
Come visit and I'd love it if you followed on either blog.

Coleen in Ukraine
www.franksukraine.blogspot.com
www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com

Cherie {Elliemae Ink} said...

What a blessing!
Your swap-bot friend,
Cherie309