Wednesday, November 17, 2010

An introduction to my Urban Granola Muffin Family.





My name is Alethea. I am married to an amazing man, Blue, I call him Love Muffin. And I'm a stepmom to a wonderful little girl, We call her Baby Muffin.
We like things natural, simple, and pretty granola. My sis-in-law and I, thought that we came up with the term Urban Granola to describe our natural way of life in the city... only to find out we didn't, but we still claim it as ours. We are urban granola.

I was born and raised in the city. I adore the city. The farmers markets, architecture, museums, art, mingling of cultures, the people, the tiny random stores that have unique treasures. I love that I live in the city but I can see the mountain everyday, and drive to the waterfront within minutes... it all keeps me energized and keeps the creative juices flowing.

My husband, on the other hand, was corn fed and country bred in the Midwest. He's grown to love the city's convenience and culture, but there are times that he most definitely misses the lazy days of an Indiana summer. Needless to say, we head over the mountains, to the other side of Washington a few times a year to de-city. We float the river, drink a few beers by the bonfire with friends and just plain ol' relax.
And just before we get too bored from the lack of busy-ness, we head back to our little piece of the city.

Well there you have it... a chapter into the lives of my little Urban Granola Muffin family.




2 comments:

jewells07 said...

I'm so glad to see some blogging action! Pretty cool, because I just blogged for the first time in over a year. I love the introduction, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the story! <3 Love you!

alethea said...

Thanks honey! I hope you continue to blog too!!!