Thursday, August 18, 2011

Man, am I gonna miss her...

I don't have any pictures with her like most friends do.
We've never been out for coffee.
We've never sung a duet together.
I have never given her a birthday present.
I don't even know when her birthday is.
I don't know much about her life before we met.
We've never watched each others kids on a date night.
Never traded clothes or shoes.
Never spent the night at her house.

I have prayed with her.
She has prayed with me.
We have cried together.
We have taught together.
We've been out of state together.
I have taught her children.
Her children have taught me so much.
We have had our differences.
We have laughed together.
We've been to conferences together.
Watched the Super Bowl together.
Every Sunday, from stage, I look for her.
When I find her, I smile. Every Sunday.
We've eaten Sushi together.
Her husband is Blue's WA best friend and mentor.
They have the cutest ( ahem, sorry, the manliest) friendship.

A hole in our lives will be left when they move.
Blue says almost everyday that I'd better get ready for the
heat, because we are following them to Mississippi.
Vacations are already being discussed.
Mission trips being planned.
Last dinners and get-togethers.

She has taught me how to teach,
how to embrace my husband's calling,
how to be patient with God's will,
to be fervent in prayer,
and to lead with grace.

I am going to miss Melissa.