Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Well, well, well...

Yesterday I found out that the house we liked is gone. Sold. Oh well. There's got to be something better out there for us, right?
And then last night we sold our car that recently had a timing chain snap on it. It was cheaper to get another vehicle than it would have been to fix the one we had... but it was still really sad...

I have been cleaning out my house. Very slowly... I'd like it to go much faster, but at least it's getting done. Even if we don't get a house for several more years, I want to be able to move into a 690 sq ft house without having to do this again. An attainable goal? Probably not, But I'm going to make a great attempt!

Currently, I have a few Collectible dolls on sale on Craigslist.org.
Just sold the car.
Have taken a truckload to the churches garage sale.
Have taken several bags to Goodwill.
Still have enough clutter to fill a house... where does it come from?!? A lot of it is papers. I hate junk mail. Why can't I seem to throw it away right away? I always think that I'll look through it to find coupons or something, but I never do...
I wish we had a recycling bin right next to the mailboxes.
Speaking of mailboxes, I have a swap due soon. It is a picture of our mailbox.

I want to be more crafty. I love VBS (vacation bible school) time because it allows me to break free from the day and focus on the lesson for the day and then the craft!
When Baby is here, we craft a lot more than when I'm home without her... Sad. I want a sewing machine. Really badly. And I need to find some cool fabric. I'm tired of plain. GIVE ME COLOR!!!
I'm a bit jealous of my friend Layne. She is a missionary in Maputo, Mozambique. AFRICA!!!
Anyway, she has tons of cheap colorful fabric at her fingertips. You should see it!

Well, I need to get dressed so I can go volunteer at our church's Food Bank. It's something I like to do on Wednesdays and Fridays. Unload the trucks and restock! Yay!

Thanks for reading my random post!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bummer that the house sold - but you're right, there's something better out there for you guys!

Good job with cleaning out the house. Amazing how much you can get done when you don't have to go to work, huh?!

And I agree- you should get a sewing machine. And learn to sew diapers for me. ;) Haha

Have fun at the food bank!

jewells07 said...

Yes, a random post, but I love it! A refreshing update on my Bestie! I'm sad to hear about the house, but it must not be time yet. Keep your eyes open. I love you bestie!

grace said...

mmmm african fabrics would be lovely.